Help your child with autism
reach their full potential.
"Your website is a blessing to many!" Roxanne, MA|
"Hello, I came across your website today and think it's great!"
"I love your tips! Sure wish I had these when my son was younger...Great ideas and great sharing!" Michele, TN
"I love the content, the intimacy of the writing, and the work that you're doing to promote awareness of this issue." Mary,
"This site is phenomenal!" Jenn, NY
"I really enjoy reading all the information on your website. It is by far one of the best sites on Autism... Thank you for sharing." Barbara, TX
"I am so happy to find a web site that involves any children of color... So nice to come across your website." Lucy, PA
"I read this site everyday trying to get as much reading material as I can from you. Thanks so much for your site. It is just a breath of fresh air to us." Ursula, FL
"I am very proud of your efforts and would love to talk to you. I have autism spectrum disorder, too."
Dr. Nancy, NV
"After reading your website I realize that Autism is not the end of the world its just a different way of living. You have provided so many answers to so many questions and I thank you." Nel, TX
"I just stumbled onto your site and think it is fantastic!!" Mary, ME
"I just wanted to let you know that your site gets better every time I visit. You are an asset to the autism community. Thank you." Sylvia, FL
"Thank you for creating this site. This is such an important service to our community all over the world! Bravo for your initiative." Rosemary, NJ
I so appreciate this web site and what parents share. It makes me know that I am on the right path as I journey this path with my child with ASD." Mary, ND
By raising a child with autism and helping the developmentally disabled get necessary support and services, our family learns practical ways to manage daily living, and plan for the future. Over the years, we've found reading lots of information on autism is not so important. How you will put this knowledge into action to benefit your child is what really matters.
"I can assure you there is no more powerful advocate for children than a parent armed with information and options."
Dr. Rod Paige, U.S. Secretary of Education (2001-2005)
Today there is real hope. We can help our loved ones have a better outcome. Autism is treatable. Don't worry about any so-called missed or closed "windows of opportunity" for your child. Even an older child with autism can get better.
With assistance, strategies and support system in place some adults are now able to live on their own in the community. Though most children and adults are severely affected and need much more support and specialized services.
"What the best and wisest parent wants for his/her child,
that must the community want for all its children."
Dr. John Dewey, American philospher, psychologist, educator
No matter what phase you are in caring for your child, take a minute and think about their needs. How are things really going? Are you doing all you can so that your child may develop to their full potential? Have you thought about planning for tomorrow?
"I can be changed by what happens to me.
But I refuse to be reduced by it."
Dr. Maya Angelou, American poet, author, educator
Parents often worry in quiet, private moments what the future holds for their children. Eventually, through planning, you can rest easier by offering your autistic child a secure future. With their hopes and dreams realized.
"Do what you can with what you have where you are."
President Theodore Roosevelt
Use this site as a personal resource and planning tool. In your own time, for whatever it is you may need for today. Go on and pour yourself a favorite beverage. Get comfortable. Bookmark this page.
There's work to do...
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe.Com does not host or receive funding from advertising except "Ads by Google".
Privacy / Disclaimer Statement
Privacy and Disclaimer Statement for Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe.Com.
- Autism-Related Hot Topic!
- Our autism-related Hot Topic page is where site visitors share their comments, autism stories, and views with the autism community.
- Child With Autism Blog
- Stay informed by our unique Child with Autism Blog of news, practical tips, announcements, special postings or some of our pages worth pointing out that you might otherwise miss.
- About us... Credible autism information helps a child across their lifespan
- We use credible autism information to increase learning, improve health and development, reduce symptoms and for future planning.
- Information on autism: An Overview
- Basic information on autism which every parent and caregiver should know.
- Please Make A Donation To Help Us Stay Online
- Help us continue to share ideas for an Action Plan, spread awareness to African Americans with autism, provide support and community outreach to families.
- Adults With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Adults with autism information, research, living arrangements, day programs and services, resources and practical books to help you prepare for daily and future planning.
- Child Development & Autism Screening
- Learn to recognize the important milestones your child should gain, like how she plays, learns, speaks and acts.
- African Americans and Autism
- Information, research and resources specifically related to African Americans and autism.
- Autism Education
- Autism education page shares information on the IEP, resources and articles on how to teach an autistic student.
- Autism Schools Offering ABA and Other Educational Programs
- Autism schools which offer ABA as a primary intervention or specially designed educational programs for students on the spectrum.
- Autism Camp Parent Reviews And Tips For Structure And Summer Fun!
- Autism camp parent reviews with tips and ideas to help an autistic child enjoy a structured day and summer fun experience -- just like her siblings and classmates.
- List of Autism Medication for Children
- List of drugs and autism medication which are commonly used to treat certain symptoms in children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Autism Treatment Options
- An overview of autism treatment options and biomedical basics for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism And Diet Information
- Autism and Diet information on gluten-free, casein-free diet, Special Carbohydrate Diet, Feingold Diet etc.
- Create an Autism Action Plan for Your Child
- Information and resources to help you create an autism action plan for your child or loved one.
- Coping With Autism: Stress On Families
- Information, resources and tips on coping with autism and the overwhelming stress on families.
- Samples Of Visual Schedules For Autistic Children
- Samples of visual schedules for autistic children who learn best by what they see are useful to help us get ideas on how to make individualized picture schedules for any occasion.
- Autism Resources Directory
- Autism Resources Directory provides links to national autism organizations and local parent groups for advocacy, assistance and support.
- Help Spread Autism Awareness
- Help spread autism awareness in your community! Page shares information, tips and graphics for an eventful Autism Walk and other fun fundraiser ideas.
- Autism Social Stories: Advance Your Child's Understanding of Social Situations
- Autism social stories can help advance your child's learning and understanding of social situations or change problem behavior. Learn why and how to write a social story for your child.
- Our Autistic Siblings Page
- Our Autistic Siblings Page shares information and ideas to help us cope and talk honestly about how autism affects our lives both now and in the future.
- Autism Merchandise
- Looking for great autism merchandise? Support autism awareness with these great autism products.
- Autism Toys
- Are you looking for fun autism products for an autistic child in your life? Then you will love these autism toys.
- Parent User-Friendly Autism Books For Your Home Library
- Page shares a list of parent-friendly, helpful autism books that are sure "keepers" to add to your home library.
- Famous People With Autism
- List of famous people with autism, Asperger Syndrome, autistic savants, and famous african americans who reportedly have autistic family members.
- Inspiring Autism Poems
- Inspiring and emotionally moving autism poems written by autistics, parents and others who are touched by an exceptional person.
- Autism Articles to Help Us Manage Daily Living with Autism
- Autism articles provide tips and strategies to help us manage daily living with autism.
- Autism Videos
- Our Autism Videos page shares a playlist of recent autism videos for those of us who are touched by Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe SiteSearch
- Use sitesearch to find words or phrases at Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe.com, AutismConcepts.com or on the Web.
- Sitemap for Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe.Com
- Sitemap to help guide you through Child-Autism-Parent-Cafe.Com.
- Contact Us
- Please use our Contact Us form to send an e-mail.